For eight centuries, men have answered the call to Carmel. Whether it was soldiers in the 12th century returning from the crusades who established a contemplative community on Mt. Carmel in the Holy Land or the thousands of men all over the world today who have followed in their footsteps, Carmel has become much more than a geographic place, it is a spiritual home.
“The call to Carmel is as unique as each soul who makes the journey. What links us is the deep desire to marry both contemplation and action in the world.”
- Prayer, community and apostolic works.
- We welcome your interest in the Carmelite life...
- What is the process of becoming a Carmelite?
- Some of the men who have made the journey to Carmel.
- We are happy to answer any questions you might have.
- Email/call us with your questions or to offer feedback.